Band 3/4 Mental Healthcare Assistant
Red Jacket Medical Recruitment are seeking band 3-4 Mental Health Care Assistant's to work in Mental Health Units around Wiltshire, Bath and Bristol. The roles are on a ADHOC basis. Morning, Afternoon and Night shifts available.
These roles would be beneficial for candidates who are looking for extra hours along side their other job or candidates who are looking for temporary work.
This role is focused on supporting people, in the community and in hospital wards with a range of acute mental health needs, who may be in crisis, and their carers (including friends and relatives) and supporters, enabling and assisting them to meet daily health, social care and well being needs, in line with personal recovery goals, and facilitating engagement with mainstream services.
Planning and undertaking activities to enable the individual to meet and develop their daily living skills, to increase confidence and independence in line with agreed personal recovery plans. This might include helping individuals to:
- Access information on appropriate and safe housing
- Move into new accommodation or respite care.
- Complete forms or letter eg housing benefits
- Contact employment advisor's or education facilities
Or it might include providing any of the following
- Emotional support to individual focusing on motivation and encouragement. Information and advice to maintain good physical health by encouraging a good diet and exercise.
- Information on rights under the mental health act
To work collaboratively with service users and their carers to understand and manage their mental health needs in line with their personal recovery plan and relapse prevention strategies.
To undertake specific activities and interventions in the support of carers including engagement and involvement, assessment and provision of support or services.
Respond to the needs of individual with sensitivity with regard to their age, culture, race, gender, ethnicity, social class or disability, modifying behaviour to optimise the helping relationship.
Work collaboratively and sensitively with individuals, with a range of mental health needs to develop skills to manage their own health, in accordance with their personal recovery plan, by actively promoting and using approaches which are affirming, build on strengths, identify past positive experience and success, and use small steps to move towards the persons goal.
Most challenging part of this role
To work intensively with individuals who may be distressed and in crisis, develop increasing skill and confidence with a wide range of health, social care and wellbeing needs, setting priorities and working in community based settings. The post holder will need to understand the importance of maintaining personal boundaries whilst developing hope inspiring relationships.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Relevant experience of working in any health, social care setting or any related voluntary organisation.
- Able to articulate a clear knowledge of policy and legislative frameworks within which mental health services are delivered including a persons rights under the MHA , CPA Mental Capacity Act.
- The ability to form and sustain a working relationship with service users and carers, demonstrating an understanding of when a more assertive approach might be needed.
- Able to demonstrate a general understanding of mental health issues with a positive, non-judgemental approach towards people requiring mental health services and an understanding of the principles of recovery.
Red Jacket Medical Recruitment Benefits:
- Excellent, Competitive pay rates
- Flexible hours to meet your needs
- Great support from our team
- Free Mandatory training
- RGN led skill set 'one to one’ support team
- Real time workforce management software
- Dedicated and experienced consultants and support staff
- Flexibility with shift patterns (Days/Nights)
- A generous referral bonus for those who successfully refer another candidate* *Terms and Conditions apply
Apply for Band 3/4 Mental Healthcare Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly