Band 5-6 Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN)
Red Jacket Medical Recruitment are seeking Registered Mental Health Nurses Band 5-6 to work in Mental Health Units around Salisbury. The roles are on a ADHOC basis. Morning, Afternoon, Evenings and Night shifts available.
To provide, and supervise the delivery of high standards of nursing care to service users, in accordance with up-to-date evidence-based professional practice and AWP policies.
To carry out clinical practice within designated clinical areas, ensuring that high quality evidence-based nursing assessment, care planning, interventions and evaluations for patients is provided. This will include:
• Undertaking a comprehensive, person-centred, nursing assessment and prepare care plans in consultation with the service users to provide the best nursing care
• Implementation of care and rehabilitation programme
• Evaluation of effectiveness of care provided in partnership with users
• Ability to implement research-based practice
• Following successful completion of preceptorship, ability to supervise junior and unqualified staff
• Ability to administer medicine within relevant Trust and legislative guidance e.g. NMC Standards for Medicines Management 2010 and the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971.
• Ability to undertake risk assessment and develop risk management strategies for individual clients; ICPA/SAP to people who present with mental health problems.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of the key elements of relevant mental Health Legislation
• Ensure the ordering storage, administration and disposal of medication complies with relevant trust and legislative guidance e.g. NMC Standards for Medicines Management 2010,Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 and MHA (1983)
Essential knowledge, skills, experience
• RN3: Mental Health Nurse, Level 1
• Able to plan, implement and evaluate resident care and act accordingly if untoward changes occur
• Maintain accurate, appropriate records
• Knowledge of medication rounds and safe administration and disposal of drugs
• Practical experience of providing high quality care and exceeding expectations
• Able to develop an excellent therapeutic relationship; function as named nurse undertaking all aspects of the nursing process in order to provide best possible patient care
• De-escalation and listening skills
• Able to communicate effectively and efficiently with other members of the team
• Leadership skills(motivating, using initiative, change management)
• Effective report writing to provide clear relevant information for ward rounds, case Conferences, MHA tribunals etc..
• Control and restraint, and breakaway trained
• Mental Health Act 1983
• NMC's 'The Code': Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics for Nurses and Midwives
• Able to demonstrate experience of effective risk assessment and management
• Experienced in current developments in mental health care and nursing practice
• Maintain patient confidentiality
• Motivated to provide the highest standard in a changing service
• Understanding of the importance of Health and Safety
• Able to demonstrate an awareness of the importance of equal opportunities
• Willingness to undertake further training relevant to clinical area. Demonstrable commitment to own structured training and development programme.
• Able to recognise signs of stress in self and in others.
Red Jacket Medical Recruitment Benefits:
- Excellent, Competitive pay rates
- Flexible hours to meet your needs
- Great support from our team
- Free Mandatory training
- RGN led skill set 'one to one’ support team
- Real time workforce management software
- Dedicated and experienced consultants and support staff
- Flexibility with shift patterns (Days/Nights)
- A generous £350 referral bonus for those who successfully refer another candidate*
- Up to £350 sign on loyalty bonuses *
- * Both subject to terms and conditions.
Apply for Band 5-6 Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly