Red Jacket Specialist Care are recruiting Support Workers to provide care and support to adults or children with learning disabilities and complex needs in residential homes.
If you are looking for either extra work alongside your main job, full-time agency work or just one or two shifts a month, then Red Jacket Medical Recruitment are the agency for you. We are one of the very few Medical Recruitment agencies in the UK to be awarded the ISO 9001:2001 accreditation and we pride ourselves on offering the highest standard of care to all our clients
Job Description Overview
- Provide assistance to clients to support them in both their health and social care needs. This includes personal care, toileting and companionship.
- Enable clients to achieve independence as far as possible in all areas of their life.
- Support clients to identify and choose their support needs.
- Understand the rights of the individual to have their wishes respected.
- Understand how to treat individuals with dignity and respect.
- Understand the importance of good record keeping
- Ensure good communication is always implemented
- Ability to stay calm when an individual becomes anxious
- Good initiative
To be a support worker, you will need to be
- Caring and kind
- Cheerful and friendly
- Willing to be hands-on with clients
- Willing to do personal care tasks (washing, toileting, etc)
- Able to follow instructions and procedures
- Able to work in a team but use your own initiative
- Ability to stay calm when an individual becomes anxious or upset
Red Jacket Specialist Care Benefits
- Excellent, Competitive pay rates
- At Red Jacket Specialist care we believe staff should be paid based on their grade. Our pay grades run from non-qualified to senior
- Flexible hours to meet your needs
- Great support from our team
- Free Mandatory training
- RGN led skill set 'one to one’ support team
- Real time workforce management software
- Dedicated and experienced consultants and support staff
- Flexibility with shift patterns (Days/Nights)
- A generous £100 referral bonus for those who successfully refer another candidate*
- Opportunity to complete QCF’s level 1-3 and the care certificate
- Experience within healthcare preferred and experience with learning disabilities
- Certificates of mandatory training will need to be seen and any other additional training, for example the Care Certificate
- You must have the right to work within the UK.
- An enhanced DBS check will be required to include adults and children.
*Terms and Conditions apply
Apply for Support Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly