2 days left
- Full Time
Nr SHREWSBURY SHROPSHIRE
COLLEGE NURSE (Full Time)
Salary within NHS Band 5, dependent on skills, experience and qualifications.
Our client is one of England's premier co-educational international boarding schools for pupils between the ages of 13 -19. Set in 77 acres of Shropshire parkland, the College combines outstanding facilities with first-rate academic performance.
They are seeking a College Nurse to work as part of a team of nurses who assist in promoting health and wellbeing and providing the highest possible standard of medical and pastoral care for their students working on a full-time weekday/weekend rota basis.
The successful candidate will be a registered nurse with a nursing degree and experience in primary care and treatment of injuries and illnesses. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to, communicate with and care for young people of all nationalities and religions are essential, as is the ability to deliver a complete medical service to very high standards. Previous experience of a boarding school environment or children's nursing would be desirable.
This is a vibrant community striving to achieve the highest standards possible in all areas. This vacancy provides an opportunity for an experienced clinician to contribute to the future success of the College.
Main Duties/Tasks include:
· staffing open surgeries on a rota basis - mornings/evenings;
· staffing weekend surgeries on a rota basis;
· attending to students who are sick in their boarding houses;
· arranging and delivering meals to sick students in their boarding houses;
· administering medication, as necessary;
· liaising with the SIMS Administrator regarding sick students' absence from lessons;
· undertaking new student medicals and vaccination clinics;
· maintaining medical database and written records;
· accident/incident reporting, ensuring the relevant forms are completed and passed to the Health and Safety Officer;
· arranging and coordinating checks/appointments for students at the local surgery, hospital and dentists, including organising the transport of students;
· contributing to delivery of health education, including PHSE lessons, when required;
· playing a high profile role at sporting events on campus;
· checking first aid kits throughout the campus;
· assisting with the purchasing/stock control of medical supplies;
· providing cover during absence of other nursing team members;
· maintaining professional competence by attending training courses, as required;
· complying with policies and procedures, including those relating to safeguarding and child protection, health and safety, welfare, smoking in the workplace, security, confidentiality and data protection, and reporting any concerns.
· experience of treating illnesses and sporting injuries
· experience in dealing with mental health issues
· excellent interpersonal skills
· proven ability to relate to and care for young people
· proven organisational and administrative skills
· computer literate
Previous experience of boarding school nursing or children's nursing is desirable.
· team player
Within NHS Band 5 pro-rata based on a nursing year of 50 working weeks, which includes paid holiday entitlement.
Working hours will be in accordance with the published rota which will include days, evenings and weekends.
Working hours during either July or August will be dependent on the summer course rota.
Attendance is required in all weeks when there are students on campus and pre and post official College holidays to ensure department readiness/completion of administrative responsibilities.
Paid annual holiday entitlement is 7 working weeks (including public holidays), which must be taken during normal College holidays. Some public holidays are classed as normal working days
Apply for School Nurse
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly