Partnering Health Limited (PHL)
Community nursing, Practice nursing,
Department of Health, GP Practice, NHS, Primary Care Trust, Private healthcare,
Urgent Care Practitioner (Nurse / Paramedic)
Are you interested in developing in your role as an Urgent Care Practitioner (Nurse or Paramedic)? Would you like the chance to expand your knowledge and skills around treating injuries and illnesses in adults and children?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, caring applicant to become part of our friendly and fun team in the lovely facilities at the Urgent Treatment Centre at Lymington Hospital. This is an exciting opportunity to come and work in a busy, dynamic environment where the focus is on teamwork providing excellent and efficient care to our local community by offering an alternative health care choice and reducing pressures on local Emergency departments.
The Urgent Treatment Centre has approximately 20,000 attendances a year both adults and children and we are proud of the service that we provide to our local community.
The successful applicant should have some experience working as an autonomous practitioner either in the Emergency Department or an urgent care setting, but other applicants may be considered on experience. The role will be ideal for gaining experience, knowledge and skills in assessing and treating patients with a wide variety of minor injuries and minor illnesses.
Partnering Health Group (PHL) are an established and expanding healthcare organisation responsible for providing a variety of urgent and primary health care services across Hampshire and are delighted to be providing the UTC in Lymington Hospital. The New Forest is a beautiful setting in which to provide high quality, safe services which improve the health, wellbeing and independence of the people we care for. We deliver these services to our community so you will feel a real sense of achievement and that your work makes a difference to local people’s lives.
If you are committed to providing high quality patient care, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, please submit your CV to talk about the opportunities and come for a visit.
This role could also be an ideal opportunity as part of a portfolio role working with PHL in the Primary Care extended access service, Integrated Urgent Care Telephone Triage Service in Whitely and our Custody Healthcare Service across sites in Hampshire. There are multiple clinical services to ensure variety and flexibility.
We provide an attractive rate of pay dependent upon experience.
· Registered with NMC / HCPC
· Experience working in a primary care and /or urgent care setting
· At least three years post qualified
· At or working towards Masters qualification / or equivalent experience demonstrating advanced clinical practice
· You must be competent at taking a clinical history excluding red flags and undertake a physical examination of the patient for patients presenting with undifferentiated conditions
· You will be expected to ensure that mandatory education is kept updated as required by the policies of the organisation
· You will be expected to maintain a clinical portfolio that evidences advanced heath assessment skills and competencies.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – written, verbal (Particularly listening skills)
· Clear understanding of professional responsibility and accountability.
· Good organisational skills and ability to manage and prioritise own workload
· Good clinical skills in assessment, diagnosis and management of acute Primary care presentations of minor illness and injury
· Be able to clear an enhanced DBS check
· Must be authorised to work in the EEC
· A&E experience
Qualified non medical prescriber.
· Minor illness qualification or similar
· Interpretation of lab results training
· IRMER trained
· Teaching and/or Mentorship qualification
· Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
· Experience of Chronic Disease Management
· Familiar with Internet Healthcare resources
To apply, please submit your CV quoting 'BJN1'